My Little Angels

My Little Angels

Saturday, December 1, 2007

I got to have Jack in the recovery room!! He is about an hour old here.
Our first real family shot. Sofie is very curious about Jack. She is into pointing to her facial features, well, she does that with Jack but ends up almost poking his eye out. So far no jealousy that we can tell. Just so very curious!
Ryan's Mom and Dad have been here since before Thanksgiving and have been so helpful with Sofie. They have also been cooking up a storm while I was in the hospital! Good food like, scallop potatoes and baked beans and soup and all kinds of stuff.

1 comment:

pnaffziger said...

Hello Naffzigers!
I have very seldom said that in my life because we are rare. I happened to be checking domain names on a google search for naffziger and came upon your family blog. I was interested and excited to learn that there are some possible relatives near by as we live in Los Alamos. As I enjoyed your travails of pregnancy (we have 3 boys including a Ryan!) I stopped dead in my tracks at the photograph of Ryans Mom and Dad and baby Jack. Ryan, your dad is a spitting image of my father. I suppose after thinking about this that it shouldn't be surprising but they could have been brothers. Your father looks more like my dad than did my uncle! Hair color, eyes, bifocals ;'[] face, body shape etc. Amazing similarity. My dad Richard (born Nov 11, 1921 if memory serves) grew up in the Grand Rapids area of Michigan along with 2 sisters Clara and Imogene and a brother Bobby. He passed away in 2000 and seeing that picture sure brought a lot of emotion for me and my wife Robin. I would like to round up a photograph of my dad to send to you if you are interested in seeing for yourselves. I don't currently have digital photos of him so I will be reduced to scanning and getting it into iPhoto before I would be able to do so. In the mean time, I noticed that Ryan and I do not resemble each other particularly with the exception of excellent physique! I'm kidding. Robin and I are around 45 and suffering parental slouch. Our family is Richard, Robert and Ryan. 11, 9, and 6. Peter and Robin.
I hope to hear from you all. I think it might be fun to exchange some family details and perhaps meet sometime. If you would like to see some photos, include an e-mail address or method to contact. We'll guard it well.
Sincerely,
Peter
our e-dress is pnaffziger(at)lanl.gov or (at)cybermesa.com