My Little Angels

My Little Angels

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Michigan Good Times



I just returned home from a long weekend in Michigan and I took Jack along with me. It was my cousin Brad's graduation party from high school and family came from all over the country to help celebrate. My little butterball-Jack, had just happened to be cutting a tooth, but he was a trooper and other than a major poo accident on the plane on the way home, and me not having any change of clothes for him, all went well. (He was being carried all around Denver airport in just a diaper and his oh so lilly white skin--I felt like I had to explain to everyone that, no, I don't normally carry my child around in just his diaper). Here are some pictures and if you scroll to the older posts you will find, that while I was gone, Ryan became quite the little blogger. My daughter ended up on the blog sitting on the potty with her shorts around her ankles. No, that wasn't me who took and posted that picture that I am sure she will definitely appreciate one day.

Aunt Linda and Cousin Andrea

My lil' sis Grethe and Uncle Carl (Andrea's dad)

Me and my little cousin Lauren, she is starting her 3rd year at Michigan State and she got into the Nursing program there, I like to think of her as my little "Minni me", except she is definitely way cuter.

Aunt Elaine ( Brad and Lauren's mom) me and Lauren. I had such a nice time with Aunt Elaine I wish I could have stayed one more day so we could have at least one day of shopping. I stayed at their house and had such a great time.
Uncle Steve (Lauren and Brad's Dad) he is my dad's brother and is married to Aunt Elaine
On Friday night we all went to Uncle Carl and Aunt Kris' house and cooked out. They had such a spread of really yummy food. This is Casey Mae, she is Andrea and Jim's daughter who is a month older than Jack (and half the size of my butterball), she is exactly one year younger than Sofie. I hope they grow up as close and as great of friends as Andrea and I.
Sleeping during the party.
Fireworks the night of Brad's party. Uncle Steve and a friend had way to much fun blowing this stuff up and almost blowing themselves up a few times.
This is Sara, she was married to Tony who died of ALS last September. Such a great friend and oh so beautiful. It was so great to see her and the girls.


Aunt Grethe
Uncle Carl (Andrea's Dad), Grethe and butterball
Allysa, Sara, Brad (the only pic I took of the honoree all weekend), Lauren, Aunt Kris, Butterball, Grethe, and Brianna
Sara, Allysa, and Aunt Linda (Tony's mom)
Casey Mae







8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up at you carrying Jack around the Denver airport in just his diaper! I have had such a fear that people will think we're "trailer trash" if my boys were to be seen out in only diapers. I think it's because being from OK, the news media portrays anyone they interview from here as rednecks (usually missing a front tooth) and living in trailer houses!

Glad you were able to go visit with family. Looks like you had fun!

Mary Ellen said...

I'm so glad you got to go after all - looks like you had a great time!

When I saw the post about Sophie going potty I thought that was you, funny it was the hubster.

Blowouts on airplanes - yep, been there and done that. There could probably be a phone book sized book written on poop on the plane stories from moms traveling with young kids!

Anonymous said...

I did get your blog open, very cute pictures of Sophie on the potty. We got her a life jacket so she can come out on the paddle boat and see the baby turtles! I don't want to forget Ryan so I want to tell him his pictures of his Land Rover are very cute also.
Lori

Kimberly said...

I see I've gotten behind on your blog!!! Your trip looks so fun..being with family is the best! And the 4th camping trip looked too fun...adorable Jack w/that corn!:) And kuddos to Ryan for blogging (yes Sophie will shoot him someday but in the meantime she is really way too cute!!:)

And I loved your "Heretic" post...(esp. love your self-description!!)..I'm right there w/ya, sister (other than voting for O...:) but don't mind at all that you are) I need to read that essay more throughly, but from a brief reading I like it. Really good definition of community...I detest the idea that everyone must "toe the line" and think alike in order to be "true" community! (I think you must have linked from the Jenell Paris blog...she is great if you have the time to read her stuff.) Anway...must go! Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey you!
I have to say, this picture of Sofie on her little potty with all those orange colors around her is THE BEST!
I think Ryan needs to take this camera in his hands more often.
NO, I don't mean that you don't take good pics, but this one is a winner!!!
I always enjoy your Blog, keep it coming.
Alex

jenny said...

Cherie just have to say I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pictures...so beautiful. I've been using bloglines to read blogs the last few weeks and just realized this morning for some reason I hadn't been getting your feed. So, I enjoyed catching up but felt like I'd missed a lot.

I love Michigan and really enjoyed living there. It is so family friendly there, or is it just me?

Thanks for sharing your heart on "Heretic." It takes a lot of guts to be authentic on a blog...much easier to just share "reciations of lovely events" (Kimber's words). I find the emergent movement very, very intriguing in many ways. Although I do define myself as "conservative" it is with a lot of caveats in regards to what that means. The issues you are drawn to in Obama....I care deeply about those issues as well...and find him most eloquent on social issues. I have family members who disagree with me politically and it makes me a better person on those issues...really to think it through from both sides. I do not label you a "heretic."

Kudos on the 10K...I do know how far that is (but can't say I know how hard it is as I traveled at a snail's pace comparatively to the other runners). I HAVE to get back to running...this summer my weight is back on and I am feeling really gross (on the upside, I've been baking some pretty killer recipes of late).

Dara and Tico said...

I love your family pics at the top! They are really modern and beautiful! You look like you had a great time with your fam! I loved the story of your little girl shouting ca ca at the wedding! That was hilarious!

Cara said...

Love your story about Jack in the airport in next to nothing. Those experiences, though not fun when they are happening, do leave us with great stories!

The Amy in my picture was Roger's sister! (I try not to use last names in my blog) I actually contacted her on her blog--found the link on another friend's blog--and then we were able to get in touch and arrange a meeting. It was great to see her again and to meet her husband! I've really been out of touch with so many people from HSBC, but this blogging thing has brought me up to speed on many people. Fun stuff!

Glad you had a good time in MI. We are still here--going camping tomorrow. We will head home on Thursday. My summers wouldn't be complete without some time in MI.

And I must add my two cents about your "Heretic" blog. Thanks for your honesty. I too hate the idea that everyone must think alike or be alike in order to be friends. Healthy discussion is wonderful for the intellect!