My Little Angels

My Little Angels

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Alaska

The ocean near Seward produce lots of fun and plenty of salmon filets -- good eatin
Getting up at 3 in the morning to go fishing does catch up with you!
The mountains rise out of the ocean and produce beautiful waterfalls. We saw bald eagle, mountain goats, sea lions and dolphins
Where the freshwater rivers meet the ocean the salmon return to their birth place to spawn their own young 2 years later. We were there to give them their last supper!

Plenty of glaciers in the mountains surrounding the water if the mist and clouds rise high enough to reveal them! Something beautiful around every corner!

2 comments:

jenny said...

We're drooling...

Tom and I lived in AK for the first few years of married life--the whole time was a honeymoon. It is indescribably beautiful there and we'd go back in a heartbeat.

However, my only deep sea fishing experience (out of Homer) for Halibut left me very sick. Actually we went because Kimber was up visiting--I don't either of us wish to remember much about that day.....ughhh! All I remember is Tom was so impressed with a friend of ours who threw up and then went straight back to fishing, repeatedly--she was true Alaska tough (in case you were wondering, I was not)!

Mary Ellen said...

Wow - what a trip! Really enjoyed all the pics!